Our genetics from start to finish
- Only one out of 60 genomically tested bulls is selected for semen production.
- Bulls start producing semen at 12 months of age.
- Semen is collected twice a week.
- After collection an extender is added to the ejaculate.
- After collection from all bulls, the semen is transported to our semen processing center in Deventer.
- At our semen processing center, we fill the straws with semen. The semen is checked to ensure the highest quality levels.
- After a quarantaine period and if all veterinary tests have been passed, the semen is ready to be distributed.
- From Deventer semen is exported to 60 countries.
Dairy Breeding Center
The highest quality standards are applied when we produce semen and embryos. From our Semen Processing Center in Deventer, we export the semen to more than 60 countries all over the world. At the Dairy Breeding Center in Wirdum (The Netherlands), CRV unites the best female animals to produce embryos for its breeding program. It is the first Nucleus site in the world constructed in this way.